Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Adds Photo Book Creator, Extended Video Support, Geo-Tagging
Lightroom 4has just been released, packed with compelling new features. Among them are a new photo book creation component, extended video support and video publishing, soft proofing so you can see how an image will look when printed, enhanced online sharing, location-based organization with geo-tagging, and updated editing tools including white balance brush and local editing brushes for noise reduction and moiré removal.
Lightoom remains the leading app for pro photographers and serious enthusiasts for its impressive ability to import, organize, edit and output large quantities of images.
50% Price Cut
Prospective users will be happy to learn about Lightroom’s significant price drop. The base retail price is now $149 for the full version, a 50% drop over the $299 for prior versions. Upgrades are $79 vs $99.
Lightroom 4 Key New Features
- New adjustment brushes - You can make area-specific adjustments with White Balance, Noise Reduction and Moire editing brushes.
- Highlight and Shadow Recovery – Using the sliders you can get a natural effect. The ability to bring out a shadowed faced without blowing out the background is impressive.
- Photo book Creation – The new Book module offers powerful photo book creation and printing via Adobe’s partnership with Blurb. You can design your own layout or use the Auto layout.
- Location-based photo organization with new Map Module – If your camera is GPS-enabled, you can locate and group images by location and assign locations to images.
- Expanded Video Support – Import, Organize, view, and edit video clips. Play and trim clips, extract still images from them. From the Library mode you can even apply image adjustments such as white balance, contrast and exposure.
- Video Publishing – You can now share HD video clips on Facebook and Flickr. or format and save them for cell phones, tablets, and TV.
- Soft Proofing - Soft proofing lets you preview how an image will look when printed. It changes the image background to white and shows colors based on the output device.
- Enhanced Online Sharing - Quickly post images to more social media and photo sharing sites like Facebook and Flickr. Online comments and Likes about your images are can be seen within Lightroom.
- One-Step Emailing Directly from Lightroom – You can now email images directly from Lightroom in a one-step proceess after you set up your preferred email service.
New System Requirements
Going along with the new features, Lightroom now requires increased system requirements. You must be running Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.6.8 or higher and you need a 64-bit processor.
Should You Buy or Upgrade?
Lightroom is still THE app for organizing and processing large quantities of images, in especially RAW format, Lightroom will greatly speed up your workflow.plus the new pricing makes it extremely attractive. You can download a 30-day trial for free.
Where to Buy
Buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 at Amazon
Books About Adobe Lightroom